Wheatgrass juicers are a great way to get all the health benefits of wheatgrass juice by juicing at home. These juicer reviews help you choose the best for your needs.
A wheatgrass juicer is a special juicer set up just for wheatgrass, although some regular fruit and vegetable juicers can also work with wheatgrass, as well. Wheatgrass juicing machines are Masticating Juicers that essentially mash up the wheatgrass and slowly squeeze out the juice.
It's important to use wheatgrass juice extractors that won't expose wheatgrass to a lot of heat, since heat can destroy many of the valuable enzymes that are one of the main reasons you drink wheatgrass juice, anyway!
Wheatgrass juicers come in both manual and electric forms. Of course, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. Here's what you need to know:
Advantages of Manual Juicers
- Manual juicers are cheaper, so they're easier to buy if you aren't sure you'll be juicing wheatgrass regularly yet.
Manual juicers are really easy to use, and they're typically a lot easier than electric juicers to clean.
Manual juicers normally have fewer moving parts and a sturdier build. There's no motor to go bad, and there are fewer things that will go wrong with them over time.
Manual juicers are smaller and easier to store in your kitchen, and they're also easier to take with you when you're on the go.
Disadvantages of Manual Juicers
- The main disadvantage of manual juicers compared with electric juicers is that manual options take much longer to get the wheatgrass juice out.
Manual juicers may be impractical if you're going to juice a lot of wheatgrass for more than one or two people.
In general, experts recommend that you start with a more affordable manual wheatgrass juicer, at least until you know you'll be regularly juicing wheatgrass. Sometimes you'll fall in love with your manual juicer and will find that you don't need to “move up” to an electric. If you start juicing very often or juicing for your whole family, you'll probably want to invest in an electric juicer eventually, though.
Juicer reviews can help you decide between different potential juicers that might suit your needs for a juicer. To get the most Health Benefits of Wheatgrass, you need to make sure you choose a juicer that you'll use regularly and that will suit your lifestyle.
If you need more speed, an electric option is probably best for you, but if you have time to take it easy and are on a budget, a cheaper manual juicer is an even better option.
Manual Wheatgrass Juicers
Here are a few different manual juicers that you might use with your wheatgrass. Here's what you need to know about these juicers:
The Miracle Wheatgrass Juicer costs about $25 and features cast iron construction.
- Easy to work.
- Simple to clean.
- Rust-resistant cast iron construction.
- Stainless steel screen is long-lasting.
- This juicer does have to be completely disassembled and cleaned between uses, which can take time.
- It takes a while to crank out wheatgrass juicer for one or two people.
This Miracle juicer may be the model you want if you don't mind spending some time juicing your wheatgrass but are on a tight budget.
The Z-Star Manual Wheatgrass Juicer is a great option if you want to be able to take your juicer with you.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- Works with soft vegetables and fruits as well as wheatgrass.
- Very efficient and easy to use.
- Costs just $100.
- Easy to clean and easy to transport and store.
If you have a little more money to spend on a juicer and don't want to have to disassemble it and spend several minutes cleaning it after every use, this is definitely a good choice for you.
Lexen Healthy Manual Juicer
This is one of the more lightweight wheatgrass juicers on the market. The Lexen Healthy Juicer comes with a suction base to attach it to your countertop.
- Polycarbonate construction is practically unbreakable.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Very affordable at just $45.
- Easy to clean.
- Effectively gets juice out and works with other soft fruits and vegetables, too.
- The hopper is smaller, so you need to reload this model frequently.
When you want to balance price and ease of use, this is definitely a good choice compared to the other two manual models, since it's both easy to clean and more affordable than the Z-Star.
Take a look also at Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
Electric Wheatgrass Juicers
You can get the benefits of drinking wheatgrass even faster with electric wheatgrass juicing machines. These juicers are easy to use, though they may not be as simple to clean as their manual cousins. Here's what you should know about different electric juicers on the market today:
Miracle Electric Juicer
This sleek looking Miracle Wheatgrass Juicer comes with a stainless steel screen and easy-clean plastic parts.
- Costs $225, which makes it one of the more affordable electric juicers on the market.
- Stronger motor than ever makes it more efficient.
- Looks sleek and simple.
- Juices soft fruits and veggies, wheatgrass, berries.
- Easy to take apart and clean.
- Some reviewers have had problems with the motor.
Again, if you want to save money, Miracle is the way to go. If you want a juicer that will last practically forever, this may not be the best choice, though, because of potential motor problems.
Samson 6 in 1
This $230 Samson 6 in 1 Juicer is only slightly more expensive than the Miracle, and it has a bit more functionality and better reviews.
- Comes with a 10 year warranty for peace of mind.
- Juices fruits and vegetables, but especially wheatgrass.
- Single auger design.
- Can also work as a mincer for seasonings.
- Food mill is great for making bread and other baked goods.
- Very effective at juicing – leaves a dry pulp.
- Easy to use and very easy to clean.
- May be a little louder than other electric wheatgrass juicers on the market today.
Most reviewers really loved the Samson, and its flexibility makes it a good investment, especially for this price!
Lexen Electric Healthy Juicer
The $180 Lexen Electric Healthy Juicer is much cheaper than the other two options, but it also doesn't get as good of reviews. However, it can be a great starter electric juicer.
- Works for wheatgrass as well as some fruits and vegetables.
- Also makes soy milk, baby food, pastas, and more.
- Slow moving gear keeps the nutrients in.
- 8 year warranty for the motor.
- Easy to clean up.
- Many reviewers note that this juicer doesn't produce a lot of juice.
This juicer is good if you're just starting to juice wheatgrass and aren't sure you're going to stick with it. The lower reviews make it a little less desirable, but it's also the most affordable option listed here.
Take also a look at Electric Wheatgrass Juicers
Commercial Wheatgrass Juicers
If you're looking at ways to get the benefits of wheatgrass at home and want to look at higher yield wheatgrass juice extractors that may last for longer, commercial wheatgrass juicers may be the best option for your needs. Here are some different models to check out:
Miracle Pro Juicer
This $600 Miracle Wheatgrass Juicer is made specifically for professionals who are going to juice a lot of wheatgrass, but who knows? If your own Wheatgrass Kit starts turning out more than you can handle, you might want to juice more often!
- Stainless steel auger.
- Slow moving motor produces less foam.
- Stainless steel housing and screen system.
- Can put out about two ounces of wheatgrass juice per minute.
- Can also be used for most fruits and vegetables.
- Very quiet operation with forward and reverse system that keeps wheatgrass from getting tangled up.
This super-fast commercial juicer gets excellent reviews, so it can be a good investment. However, be prepared to spend a bundle on this little machine!
Sundance Wheateena Workhorse II
This high end Wheateena Wheatgrass Juicers Workhorse II costs almost $900, but it can juice up to 3/5 ounces a minute! Here's what else you should know:
- Stainless steel motor chassis.
- Slower moving motor for better juice quality.
- Self-feedng juicer – no plunger needed.
- Fine-hole strainer.
This expensive juicer has advantages, like a self-feeding hopper and a super-fast output speed, that may just make it worth the extra investment on your part!
If you want to learn How to Grow Wheatgrass at home, it's a great way to start juicing your own wheatgrass for your own daily intake. A Wheatgrass Kit can get you enough wheatgrass for the whole family, even in a smaller apartment area.
If you're looking into growing and juicing your own wheatgrass at home, then using a manual, electric, or commercial juicer can be a good option. However, you'd be better off starting with cheaper manual wheatgrass juicers before you get started simply, because you don't want to put a ton of money into juicing wheatgrass before you even know if you'll do it regularly!
Checking out different wheatgrass juicers before you choose the one that will work best for you is important, since they have not only different prices but also different functions and abilities. Choosing the best juicer for you is just about doing your research first so you know what's out there.
Other Juicer Types:
Have a look also at our dedicated Citrus Juicers
Back from Wheatgrass Juicers to Best Juicer Reviews & Ratings - Home