Using a manual wheatgrass juicer isn't for everyone, and there are faster options on the market. Personally, though, I sometimes enjoy doing things by hand, so I don't mind using a manual juicer on my homegrown wheatgrass.
You get all the benefits of wheatgrass, but you don't have to pay as much for Electric Wheatgrass Juicers, either. If you're like me and enjoy doing things by hand, here's what you need to know about manual juicers for wheatgrass:
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass
There are tons of problems you can solve by drinking wheatgrass, which is why I definitely advocate growing wheatgrass at home. You get the freshest possible wheatgrass juice from homegrown, hand-juiced wheatgrass, and you get the best health benefits. Here are just some of the things wheatgrass can do for you:
- Detoxify your body of heavy metals and other harmful substances.
- Clean out your blood so your circulatory system functions more efficiently.
- Prevent certain types of cancer, particularly, it seems, colon cancer.
- Increase healthy chlorophyll levels in your diet.
- Offer high levels of nutrients not found in many other fruits and vegetables.
These are just some of the Health Benefits of Wheatgrass, so I definitely recommend checking out Wheatgrass Kits to grow your own at home! How? Learn to grow your own wheatgrass with the tips in How to Grow Wheatgrass
Pros and Cons of a Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
A manual wheatgrass juicer is a great option for anyone who wants to juice wheatgrass at home without spending a fortune on an electric version. The main disadvantage of a manual wheatgrass juicer is that it takes longer to juice your wheatgrass than if you had used an electric version. However, once you get the hang of it, it really doesn't take all that long to juice your morning shot of wheatgrass.
One advantage of a manual wheatgrass juicer is, of course, that it's affordable. You can find them for as low as about $45, while electric options can cost around $250-300! That's a big difference in price to consider.
Plus, many manual options are easy to clean, contain fewer moving parts that are easy to damage, and are compact enough to store even in a small kitchen that doesn't have tons of room for random appliances.
TIP: If you're planning to juice fruits and vegetables as well, then you're better off purchasing a masticating juice extractor. More info on this type of juicer you can find in Masticating Juicer
Manual Juicer Reviews
There are lots of manual wheatgrass juicers just for wheatgrass out there, so which is the best one? You balance price, quality, effectiveness, and name brand to get the best juicer for your needs. Here are some reviews to help you decide.
Miracle Stainless Steel
The Miracle Wheatgrass Juicer is a popular option that can even be used in commercial outfits, so you know it's sturdy and rugged. It features:
- Commercial stainless steel build.
- Easy to clean.
- Less foam for more juice yield.
- Simple operation.
- 1 year warranty for peace of mind.
- Includes pusher and wrench, so you have everything you need to create wheatgrass juice at home.
- Costs under $110.
The Tribest Z-Star Manual Wheatgrass Juicer is one of the sturdiest and easiest to use models on the market, and it's a great way to get started juicing your own wheatgrass. This manual wheatgrass juicer features:
- Affordable price of just $99.
- Efficient so you get more juice for your wheatgrass.
- Versatile enough to be used with other fruits and vegetables – not just wheatgrass!.
- Lower pulp and froth than some other models.
- 1 year warranty for peace of mind.
- Excellent customer service from parent company.
Note: Some notice that the juice container that comes with the Z-Star may get some bits of pulp in it because it's too close to the pulp ejector. Just use a different container, and this isn't a problem at all.
Lexen Healthy Juicer
This Lexen Healthy Juicer is compact and more lightweight than stainless steel options. It's suction base lets you use it even if you can't attach a juicer to your countertop or table. Features include:
- One year limited warranty.
- Polycarbonate construction is heavy duty but lightweight.
- Operating instructions included.
- Easy to clean.
- Just $45!
Hurricane Stainless Steel
This excellent juicer is made from sturdy stainless steel, and it comes with a five year warranty. You certainly won't have to worry about it breaking down on you, even with heavy use! Here are its features:
- Mounts to the countertop for easier cranking.
- Really easy to clean up, compared with other wheatgrass juiders.
- Easy to crank, and juices fairly quickly for a manual.
- Leaves the pulp dry so you know it's getting out most of the juice.
- Can be used on other types of fruits and veggies.
- Costs just $109.
GooD4U Stainless Steel
This simply designed juicer is easy to put together and clean, and it hooks onto your counter for easier use. Here are some of the things to know about this juicer for wheatgrass:
- Can be used with other leafy greens as well as some vegetables and berries.
- Super simple to disassemble and clean.
- Five year limited warranty.
- Works well to get the most juice out of your wheatgrass and
- other leafy greens.
- Hygienic design and stainless steel make it easier to get totally clean.
- Costs $129.
Tornado Back to Basics Stainless Steel
This stainless steel manual wheatgrass juicer features anti-rust finishing so you don't have to worry about getting it totally dry after every cleaning. Here are some of its features:
- Mounts to the countertop for ease of use.
- Works for wheatgrass, leafy greens, and some soft fruits
- One year warranty from manufacturer.
- Fast and great for getting all the juice out of your wheatgrass.
- Costs $112.
Each manual wheatgrass juicer on this list is a great option, but you can decide which is best for you.
More on Manual Juicers:
Other Juicer Types:
Back from Manual Wheatgrass Juicer to Wheatgrass Juicers
Back from Manual Wheatgrass Juicer to Best Juicer Reviews & Ratings - Home